As of season three, there is a new task before being able to construct buildings at the Construction Sites. Due to the downfall of civilization, the needed to construct just about every building must be (re)discovered. There are almost 140 construction projects to recover! Blueprints
- Construction Blueprint (common)
- Construction Blueprint (uncommon)
- Construction Blueprint (rare)
- Construction Blueprint (very rare!)
How to obtain blueprints
The can be found in many ways or by constructing other buildings. Blueprints
Finding lost plans
- Local towns have 3 Construction Blueprint (rare) and 1 Construction Blueprint (very rare!) hidden on random zones in the World Beyond.
- Distant towns have 5 Construction Blueprint (rare) and 2 Construction Blueprint (very rare!) hidden on random zones in the World Beyond.
Scavenging in the World Beyond
Camping in the Ruins
You can also get a by camping in blueprintRuins. The "quality" of the blueprint depends on how far that building actually is from the Town. Those close to town (9km or less) give a Construction Blueprint (uncommon), while those faraway from town (10km or more) give a Construction Blueprint (rare).
Note that only one blueprint can be found per Ruin camped.
The Architect's Study
While in the safety of a Town, click on the when you're in your home to study it. blueprint
Blueprint opening strategy
All Construction Blueprint (common) can be opened immediately without waiting.
For the rest, we have two major types of blueprints - normal blueprints and Explorable Ruin blueprints:
- Normal blueprints are those found in Worn Leather Bags, Architect's Chests, and after Camping normal Ruins.
- Explorable Ruin blueprints are special blueprints found in particular Explorable Ruin. Each Explorable Ruin blueprint has its own preset list of buildings which can be unlocked.
Normal blueprints can unlock any building projects from the whole pool, while Explorable Ruin blueprints only have a preset pool of projects which can be unlocked.
When a blueprint is read, it will always try to unlock a project which can be unlocked first. If there is no project left which is lockable, it will fail and the blueprint will be wasted when you read it.
If one of those projects have been unlocked by the normal blueprint, you will have one fewer building project which can be unlocked from the ruin blueprints. Thus normally you want to hold all normal blueprints and read ruin blueprints to unlock all preset building projects first. For that reason, the practice of holding off reading normal blueprints until explorable ruins cease to yield any more of their own is preferred.
However if all projects left from the preset pool are child projects which require their parent project(s) to be unlocked first, and their parent project(s) is/are not inside the preset pool, you need to switch the preference and start reading normal blueprints until you can unlock the target parent building. Only then you can switch back and read ruin blueprints again.