Maybe I`ll be Captain Obvious, but... it's only few days to New Year last, so let's be happy! Hoho3ho!)
Do we have any kind of discussion page for the wiki itself? I didn't see one, nor did I see a listing of who's an admin/mod. That aside, is there any way to add a CAPTCHA for account creation? Seems like that would seriously cut back on the amount of spam accounts. --TechSmurf 19:31, 13 April 2011 (PDT)
- Admins/mods = http://die2nitewiki.com/w/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=sysop The only one I've seen Discordance doing a damn thing, though. :P --Ricket 04:13, 14 April 2011 (PDT)
- Is it possible to not allow the creation of new pages or uploading of images until approved by an admin/promoted to a better usergroup? That way anyone can revert the spam, which will be forced to be placed on an existing page with the "undo" option. --Nickyh 04:22, 14 July 2011 (PDT)
Hello, theres not a discussion page setup yet, theres a to do list and a few things under community portal. All I can do is delete the spam, if you have suggestions for stopping it please tell User talk:Crusoe. Nice to see some more KoL wiki users/admins... I 'borrowed' the metadata templates from over there :D. Discordance 10:02, 15 April 2011 (PDT)
- Glad to be here! I told myself I wouldn't get involved in another wiki. Then I went and revamped a whole slew of item pages. Oops. The metadata templates are going to need to be split up, at some point. Items, construction, effects, and distinctions all use the same data template currently. A few things would make organization easier-- namely, a standardized page for layouts, and some templates to tag things that need work. The Todo page is nice, but a template would make it a bit more straightforward and uniform. --TechSmurf 11:50, 17 April 2011 (PDT)
- I've still not decided exactly how much information to put in the metadata, at the moment I'm thinking about stripping back the usable field to keep things simple and just to give what information the game immediately provides on an item so image, description, flags etc. I don't see any advantage to splitting the data template itself as its just a switch statement, or do you mean the metainfobox template? I had originally planned to split that into different templates until I stripped back what I was putting in the data right now. The template itself is a mess and can't replace the current buildings template without lots more if statements so it certainly needs redoing. I still like the idea of the core infobox template with the basic information but on the end of that other templates could be appended depending on a template argument or perhaps the category, something like Template:mi:Items or something that displays the extra information relevant to the category.
- Todo template was my first choice but people were already using a link to the Todo page as a means of marking things. Haven't got round to sorting that one out. Theres a lot to be done and any help you can give is appreciated, I'm the only active admin right now so things are moving along at a slow pace. Discordance 13:38, 17 April 2011 (PDT)
Should we put a link to the camping page on the main page? It is a hot topic I guess. Moolie 14:30, 25 April 2001 (CET)
It's probably unrealistic at this point, but I think the main page should reflect the ingame interface a little more, i.e. the Town section should contain all 6 menu options from the game, just to make it easier for new people to navigate --Mazt 05:52, 21 June 2011 (PDT)
Not exactly sure where to put this, but should we maybe add a link to the Wet Cave of Murderers Broadcast somewhere on here? --Mazt 07:59, 3 July 2011 (PDT)
If you would like to propose changes to the main page please work on the draft Main Page/draft then let me know. The content of the different frames on the page are found in Category:Main page templates. Discordance 09:03, 29 August 2011 (PDT)
Season 4 Stuff
New Season 4 building: Abandoned Hotel. It's that explorable ruins thing. We need to gather info for it. So far, all signs point to a different map for everyone, even if they're all in the same town (so even if everyone was to gather about and try to make a unified map for the town, it'll be pointless). Oxygen starts at 100% and depletes at a rate of 1% per 4 seconds, unless you flee from zombies, which in that case, costs you a bit more (I think fleeing costs 5 oxygen. I'm not sure). Fleeing from zombies while exploring will not wound you. -- 15:42, 15 November 2011 (PST)
The Die2Nite Herald
The Die2Nite Herald has moved to : www.d2n-herald.com.
The wiki was removed from the directory for having ads, and External Map was taken off until they removed their donate button, but Oval Office still has their donate button and is in the directory. What's up with that?--Julia 16:53, 14 January 2012 (PST)
- The wiki was removed for having ads. That is very straightforward, and although it would be a great tool to have in the directory, rules are rules. The Paypal situation was a much deeper issue than that, and to my understanding is still an ongoing battle. It had to do with die2nite.net, and why it was not added to the directory. Regardless, that's a separate matter entirely from the wiki. Mazt 07:20, 15 January 2012 (PST)
I wanted to ask, if the english community would be interested in sharing InterWiki Links ("Page in other languages" on the left side). Personally I will Install Special Interwiki in the next few days and try to insert first InterWiki-Links into my own wiki.--NobbZ 12:46, 25 March 2012 (PDT)
Titles and Forum Icons
Hi, not sure where to put this but you unlock new forum icons based on what you have achieved in the game, and I couldn't find an area of the wikia for these. I'm happy to help anyway I can with the icons I have collected and also there is a new title for collecting souls. I have unlocked "Type 4 Encouter" and have found (and used in my House, 2 souls though I assume this title unlocks for x1 as no other title unlocks on x2 rather than x1 --Dd790 15:36, 18 April 2012 (PDT)
- Thanks for the heads up. The icon unlocks are tied to the first title unlocked in the line, so forum icons are an extension of Distinctions. However, the Forums page still needs a major overhaul. Icons an blurb are not a problem at the moment (MT has finally added tool-tip descriptions), but titles are still not viewable by anybody else than the players who have them unlocked. -- KlarkMorrigan 23:48, 18 April 2012 (PDT)
Keeping track of blueprints
Since MT is fond of changing which blueprints the buildings need, instead of manually maintaining lists of constructions in the articles for each blueprint, I think it would be better to make categories for Category:Common Blueprints, Category:Uncommon Blueprints, Category:Rare Blueprints, Category:Very Rare Blueprints, and Category:Starting Buildings (or whatever is the best term for non-blueprint builds). Then someone can do some wiki code magic to automatically categorize them based on the BP info from the Data pages. --Julia 05:12, 26 November 2012 (PST)
Season 6: Ghoul categorization
Currently, ghoul is categorized under intoxication, which is under status effects. We should move it over to Jobs, and display ghoul @ front page. My thoughts and suggestions. 1. Ghoul is more closely related to a Jobs as opposed to a Status_Effects due to new abilities and goal for player 2. Ghoul's unique appearance due to status effect should be contained within its own page under Jobs 3. Lets make it easier for players to find info on ghouls --geiz 1:57am, 13 Dec. 2012 (EST)
- While this is true, the game sorts Ghoul as a status, so it's pretty much final as to what category Ghoul fits in.
It may be worth mentioning in the Notes section of Jobs that "Ghoul" as a persisting status is similar to having a second job, but it is still different from the basic requirements of a job: selected at start of town, comes with a professional tool, and is not a status. It's a good suggestion, but not something that we have the liberty to change. -- Nickyh 00:53, 13 December 2012 (PST)
- How about have a category "Classes", where ghouls and jobs are listed there as subcategories (& other ingame transformation(s) that may come up in the future). The purpose for this is to put all of the different playable classes in the front page; makes info on ghouls alot easier for others to find (it's how an average player mentally categorizes them anyways). --geiz 2:25pm, 16 Dec. 2012 (EST)
"Error creating thumbnail"
Any way to fix this? --Julia 06:58, 17 April 2013 (PDT)
- Where is the error occurring? -- Nickyh 08:13, 17 April 2013 (PDT)
- Found the reason. That png file you uploaded has no thumbnail for some reason (too large a file perhaps?), so I removed the size parameter and it works now. Cheers. -- Nickyh 08:07, 8 May 2013 (PDT)