From Die2Nite Wiki
|Each day, the search tower allows objects to be found in zones which were previously deemed "depleted". It detects unusual meteorological phenomena occurring outside and notes which area has been affected in the Chronicle.|
|Action Points cost||30|
|Resource cost||×3 ×1 ×1×1|
- Each day one storm occur in any of the 8 directions (with town as the central point), i.e. North, North East, East, South East, South, South West, West, North West.
- It appears diagonal storm is more often than vertical/horizontal storm.
- Each zone in the storm direction will individually have a chance of replenishment. Upgrading the tower via Building upgrades improves the chances of getting a zone replenishing.
- Weird as it sounds, the storm works to replenish both Depleted Zones and fresh/replenished zones. It adds some random number of items to the zone, if the replenishment is successful. For Depleted Zones, you will see they become Replenished and you can find a wide range of items in the zones again. For Replenished Zones, it will take relatively longer time for them to get depleted when Scavenging.
- Ruins and the zones are treated separately. A zone replenished does not mean the ruin on it must get replenished, vice versa.
- But zones within 2 km from the town, as indicated on the map, never get replenished. (This is the same area as the level 5 Watchtower teleport range.) This rule does not apply in Local Towns though.
- Building the Search Tower reveals what direction today's storms occurred in, indicated by a statement in The News Corpse.
- Each zone in the storm direction still have a chance of getting replenished, even if a search tower is not yet built. It is just the direction of the storms is unknown before the construction of a search tower.
|Base|| You know the direction of the storm by reading the Gazette.|
The base chance isn't specified in the game but is said to be 25%.
|Level 1||Each zone in the stated direction has a 37% chance to become undepleted (+12%)|
|Level 2||Each zone in the stated direction has a 49% chance to become undepleted (+12%)|
|Level 3||Each zone in the stated direction has a 61% chance to become undepleted (+12%)|
|Level 4||Each zone in the stated direction has a 73% chance to become undepleted (+12%)|
|Level 5||Each zone in the stated direction has a 85% chance to become undepleted (+12%)|
Note: Without search tower, you don't know the direction of the storm, but each zone in the storm direction still has a chance of getting replenishment.
- Starting from Season 3, the chances of distant and hardcore towns being able to build a Searchtower has been greatly limited, first with creating the blueprint requirement, and then with the Järpen Table requirement. However local towns start with the corresponding construction project already unlocked.
- In Season 3:
- In Season 4:
- The resource cost increased to include . ×1