From Die2Nite Wiki
|This homemade scanner, if used correctly, makes it twice as easy to obtain an estimation of the magnitude of the forthcoming attack (only requires half as many citizens to use it to obtain a solid estimate) ! It is essential if the town is to be run efficiently.|
|Action Points cost||20|
|Resource cost||×1 ×2 ×1×1|
Running low on Citizens, or simply running low on citizens who can be bothered to help predict their daily chances of survival? No problem! Just upgrade the scanning device, and the work required is halved.
- The scanner reduces the number of citizens required to reach the best prediction possible of the magnitude of tonight's The Attack (100%) at the Watchtower from 24 citizens to 12.
- Each citizen now completes 8.33% of the prediction, up from around 4.17%.
- After the scanner is built the estimation for that day is improved, even when already at optimal level of estimation. This is most likely a bug.
- The game runs the estimation formula based on the number of visitors to the watchtower each day, with an upper limit at 24 for the Watchtower, and 12 when a scanner is built.
- If 24 citizens visited the watchtower before the scanner was constructed, the formula would calculate with the inaccuracy reduced by 24 citizens instead of 12, which, in other words, is crossing the maximum limit.