|This terrifying building came from a soviet submarine and sends powerful bolts of electricity arcing around the town with a deafening crackle. The only "hitch" is that it has to be repaired daily. If it is destroyed, the town and its surroundings are instantly vaporized, wiping everything off the map (where you'll be). The label reads: soviet design, assembled in « вшивый ».|
|Action Points cost||100|
|Resource cost||×15 ×2 ×10 ×4×1|
Don't ask how a nuclear reactor kills 500 zombies a day. It just does. The risk is that this thing could go off at any second. If a meltdown does occur, the whole town will explode and you will be vaporised instantly by the radiation and heat. On the bright side, so will all the zombies around here.
- Building it gives 500 to the town.
- The defence provided may decrease depending on the state of the Reactor.
- Each night, the Reactor takes damage points (similar to all buildings in Hardcore towns). The amount of damage possibly depends on the attack magnitude, but may be random.
- Supposedly 0 - 250 points per night. Current record is 50 - 125. (Update records on talk page)
- The Reactor loses twice as much defence as damage points. For example, a fully-repaired Reactor gives 500 , but a Reactor that has taken 97 damage will give only 304 .
- The damage is done to the reactor before the attack, which means it will never give the full 500 defence.
- This also means that the reactor blows up before zombies enter the town.(Confirmed -- Cethegus 14:42, 3 September 2013 (PDT))
- You can repair the Reactor - 1 will repair 2 damage points. In other words, up to 125 is needed to fully repair the Reactor every day.
- If the Reactor's defence points reach zero (250 points of damage), the town is destroyed.
The whole region has been irradiated by the destruction of the Reactor!
- Dying by being blown up by the Reactor gives the rare distinction Atomic deaths. The cause of death is "death by Infection".
- The News Corpse lists no deaths in town, even though everybody has died of Infection.
- If you die in the town, you are said to have died due to Infection. The Hero power "Cheat Death" will not prevent this. (Confirmed -- Rulesy 14:21, 7 May 2012 (PDT))
- If you're camping on the night the reactor explodes, you must succeed in camping in order to get the distinction. If your death is Disappeared in the World Beyond during the night ! instead of Infection, you will not earn Atomic deaths.
- The Reactor's production site roughly translates into "Lousy". No official info is shared on the matter, so the translation is debatable.