|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Basic article, needs much work, should also link to results pages at some point. The page was tagged by: --Rosslessness 11:32, 22 October 2011 (PDT)|
The game is split up into periods, initially approximately 3 months (now it takes much longer), called seasons.
During this time, towns are ranked according a score which reflects their capacity to survive as a group. The score is calculated by adding together the total number of days survived in the town by all the citizens.
The Town must finish before season end in order to be counted.
Only Distant towns are ranked. Small maps or towns created for special events will not feature in the season's rankings.
End of the season
At the end of each season, the citizens from the best town from each level of the rankings will receive various rewards. The rankings are then reset to zero in order to start a new period with everyone starting at the same level.
- Messages left on the forums by champions are displayed in a very distinctive manner.
- They start every game with special additional equipment-the Screaming Alarm Clock (ready).
- They also receive a unique, rare distinction and a corresponding title.
These rewards will be lost at the end of the following season, only reigning champions will benefit from these advantages.
Citizens that participated in a town that made it into the rankings also receive another special distinction (one for each town present in the rankings).
- A town in a Season must be destroyed in that Season to be counted in the rankings. If it lasts into the next Season, it will not be counted in either ranking.
- The rankings are updated at midnight.
- Only towns which are completely destroyed (no survivors) will receive a ranking.
These rankings are not reset to zero at the end of the season accordingly, there are no bonuses awarded. Any titles or other statistics will still be displayed on your Soul page.