| This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Gather more info, format, etc.. The page was tagged by: Mazt 16:43, 6 December 2011 (PST)
Hardcore mode was added 1st of December 2011. Hardcore towns are much harder to survive in. After the update, if you have over 100 Soul Points, you will see a new option "Let me in! I'm Hardcore!" which let you join the Hardcore town available at that moment. Note that there is only 1 Hardcore town open for joining at a time, the next appears once the previous is filled.
Listed below are the differences between regular distant towns and a Hardcore town.
- The amount of studied constructions are decreased significantly (confirm).
- Initial water reserves are decreased.
- There are 2 Explorable Ruins instead of 1.
Game mechanic changes
- The survival chances of Camping are significantly lowered. The global camping penalty is -70%.
- Chances to die from infection at 23:00 is increased from the usual 50% to 75%.
- Chances to injure someone with the 'attack' option become high, and it only costs 3 to attack someone.
- The amount of free Hero days you get if you are the Last Man Standing is doubled. Note there is a separate Last Man Standing - Hardcore! rare Distinction which is gained as well as the regular LMS.
- Each distinction awards the same amount of hero days, so when combined a double amount of hero days are awarded.
- External apps are limited in functionality due to the XML feeds being truncated in Hardcore towns. Most auto-updaters are disabled or will not work correctly. You will need to input zone information manually yourself.
Damage to Defenses
- Defensive Objects in the The Bank can be destroyed during The Attack. The rate of destruction appears to be directly coupled to attack size (not overflow sizes).
- It is therefore recommended to distribute defensive objects to prioritised individuals (eg. the Shaman, Kitchen hero, or Home Laboratory hero).
- At 23:00 server time (when The Attack occurs), the constructions in town can become damaged. The buildings are repaired through the Construction Sites tab in town by investing (or technician ). Each or spent repairs 2 damage points of the building.
- Constructions that provide water are immune to damage, presumably to prevent players from repeatedly building and destroying them, of which would provide an infinite amount of water.
- Damage to constructions is 70% max (rounded up), so you need to repair every construction building up to at least 70%+1 (rounded up) to prevent them from being destructed during The Attack.
- Defensive constructions which have been damaged provide less defence points.
- If damaged buildings are not repaired, they can even be destroyed during the next wave of attack.
- Destroyed constructions lose their Building upgrades through the daily project, if any.
- Constructions which become completely destroyed need to be rebuilt, costing the same and materials as when first built.
- Even if the parent building is destroyed, its child buildings will still continue to function; however they cannot be repaired until the parent one is rebuilt.
Building Repair List
| This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Complete the table. The page was tagged by: unknown
The maximum damage a building can take has been shown by Miudo to be:
Damage = ROUNDUP(Building AP * 0.7)
- So if a building has 513 health, then the maximum damage is:
- 513 * 0.7
- round up = 360
The table is incomplete.
unrepaired refers to max AP you can leave unrepaired of the building in the Construction Sites.