From Die2Nite Wiki
|A cracking gallows for hanging undesirable types when you'd rather go a little further than just banishing them from the community... True craftsmanship is what your're looking at here - this gallows isn't going anywhere.|
|Action Points cost||13|
When you just can't stand some people's nuisance anymore, it might be a good idea to tie a Rusty Chain around their neck and suspend them in mid-air for the rest of the day.
- Once the gallows are built, any citizen who receives 8 complaints will be immediately hanged and killed.
- A Shunned citizen requires a further 8 complaints to be hung, although the original complaints can be resubmitted. Any unshunned citizens who reach 8 complaints whilst a gallows is present will be immediately hanged without being shunned.
- The gallows can only be used once, it vanishes after one hanging. If further lynchings are desired the gallows has to be rebuilt.
- In Season 1:
- The broke after each use. Gallows
- In Season 2:
- The Gallows were replaced by Sturdy Gallows, which were permanent throughout the towns life.
- In Season 3:
- The Sturdy Gallows reverted back to the Gallows
- The cost rose from 12 to 13
- The Gallows no longer break after use (same as the Sturdy Gallows) and took the description of the Sturdy Gallows, the original description was:
A cracking gallows for hanging undesirable types when you'd rather go a little further than just banishing them from the community... Please note: given the poor standard of construction, the gallows can only be used ONCE, for ONE hanging : they must be rebuilt before they can be used again.
- In Season 6:
- The became a Gallows temporary building, always being destroyed after The Attack.
- In Season 6:
- The was reverted back to being a permanent building. Gallows
- Make sure to hang the correct scoundrel! All citizens that receive 8 complaints after the gallows are built will be hanged.
- Although the Gallows do not dismantle immediately after use, the entry recorded at the Registers still appears as: The citizens decided to hang [Resident]!! The gallows were destroyed during this particularly violent event!
- Being hanged will not grant the Banishments Distinction unless the hanged citizen had been shunned before the Gallows were built.
- The presence of a Meat Locker renders the Gallows useless, as the latter's effect will be overridden by the former.
- In Season 10:
- The will break after every use (same as the gallows in GallowsSeason 3)