|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Confirm water from the well is drained before/after upgrade, screenshot of corpse's home as a filler. The page was tagged by: Mazt 18:55, 15 December 2011 (PST)|
In a zombie apocalypse, the bodies start to pile up. Friends and enemies alike, they all start to weigh down on you. Normally this would mean more graveyards, but some of these bodies aren't going down without a fight...
There are corpses knocking on your door every night, but it's particularly devastating to see them take on familiar faces. When citizens in your town die, they almost always join the hordes of hungry creatures ravaging your house at midnight, growling with the rest of them. There are certain ways to deal with these unwanted types, some better than others.
Death in Town
(Citizen's) corpse has not been destroyed. It's entirely possible that it'll decide to wake up and eat you alive tonight.
Citizens who die in town (by the attack, dehydration, infection, addiction, mob justice, cyanide, or poison) leave behind a nasty looking body. These bodies must be removed from the town to be safe. There are several options to remove their corpses:
- "Drag it out of Town" - at the cost of two . Apart from costing , it has no other disadvantages. Gives the Removals distinction.
- "Water the Corpse" - at the cost of one Water Ration, destroying it completely. It is usually not recommended due to the scarcity of Water Rations. Gives the Sprinkler distinction.
- "Cook the Body" - at no cost if the town has built the Cremato-Cue. This will provide you with 4 rations of Human Flesh. Gives the Extreme BBQ Chef distinction.
- The way (citizen) got rid of the lifeless body of (citizen) was pretty disgusting...
Corpses that are left in town are particularly devastating. When these citizens come back to life, they do one of two things:
- One corpse will attack one random citizen and kill them, regardless of their house defense.
- † (Citizen) dragged their huger-driven corpse to (citizen)'s house, smashed their door in rage, grabbed their head and smashed it against the wall in a bloody display of cerebral fireworks. Never forget to recycle dead citizens. Never!!
- One corpse can go to The Well and destroy about 20 Water Rations. Note: Water in the bank cannot be destroyed.
By dying outside the town, (citizen) has not left their fellow citizens in peace... yet.
Citizens who die outside, or were dragged out of the town, will come back as zombies that night and attack the town. However, weird as it may sound, they do NOT actually increase the size of the hordes, even though the entry in the Gazette seems to indicate otherwise. For example if the size of the hordes is 200, former dead citizens is 10. The size remained 200, not 210.