Chaos Mode occurs when the town is on the brink of Devastation and is therefore in complete and utter chaos.
It has to fulfill the following requirements:
- The Town must have survived to at least Day 3, and
- Less than 10 citizens in total survive through the night.
- This part of help file is wrong for a long time: "the town has a population of less than 10 citizens (campers are not considered as being in town)". In fact any citizen alive count, no matter they are inside or outside the town.
When the requirements are met, is triggered at midnight and lasts until everyone in Chaos ModeTown dies.
Alternatively if the town becomes Devastated, will be in effect too at the same time no matter whether the above requirements are satisfied or not. Chaos Mode
- The Bank lock is in effect after 10 items instead of 5.
- Up to 3 Water Rations can be taken from The Well, but only if the Pump is built. Otherwise, every player is still limited to per day. ×1
- The Shunned are allowed to access the bank.
- Each person alive gets the same options as a Shunned citizen (searching the town's refuse, etc.)
- Complaints can still be registered but count for nothing.
- Your complaint has been registered but it's not going to make much difference given the current situation.
- the town has descended into complete and utter chaos... Given the feeble number of survivors, laws are no longer respected in town.
- Homes can be upgraded an unlimited number of times, as long as you have the required materials and .
- You can no longer see the coordinates of people outside. When viewing the forum, they are simply labelled as "outside". When viewing all citizens, they are labelled as "Yes" in the "Outside?" column.
- You can Pillage the dead without limit.
- You can Steal without limit.
- You may improve your home without restriction