|The catapult is a special machine which allows you fire all kinds of things into the World Beyond: very useful for preparing the ground for faraway expeditions!|
|Action Points cost||40|
|Resource cost||×2 ×1 ×1×1|
Once upon a time, some tinkerers decided to make a weapon to rain mass destruction on the incoming hordes. This resulted in a towering structure with a long stretchy handle and a cup at the end. Unfortunately, it took forever to crank up and tended to misfire, explode, break, or otherwise completely and utterly malfunction. And it wasn't a very good weapon either.
- Once the Catapult is built, a new icon called "Catap" appears next to the area where you can find links for projects and the watchtower, workshop, etc.
- A operator will be assigned immediately once built. The assignment is permanent and there is no way to re-assign another unless the chosen operator dies. When they die, you can go to "Catap" page and press the button "Randomly select a citizen for the job" for the system to re-assign another as the catapult operator.
- The assignment is somehow based on activity rating. The system will pick any citizen with 5 stars first. Otherwise it seems to be completely random. The system may pick anyone from 4 stars to 0 star without any particular preference.
- The selected Citizen will get a message from The Crow that they have been selected as the catapult operator, and that they should go to the catapult area.
- When you get to the Catapult area you will be given an option to enter (X,Y) coordinates to launch one item in your inventory.
- You can catapult anywhere in the map. There is no limit.
- You can only catapult one item per shot. This action requires 4 , or 2 if Upgraded Catapult is built.
- Most items are safe to catapult and have zero chance of breakage or destruction.
- Heavy object can be catapulted safely too.
- Containers like Manbag or Shopping Trolley are said to be not transportable by the catapult. (please confirm)
- Those items are not safe to catapult and will break on the zone they hit when catapulted:
- Exploding Grapefruit always breaks into Unrecognisable Remains
- 'Wake The Dead' breaks into Unrecognisable Remains (please confirm)
- Water Bomb, Exploding Water Bomb??? (please confirm)
- Furious Kitten (partially digested) becomes 1x Unspecified Meat
- Bloody hot coffee becomes 1x Unrecognisable Remains
- (and possibly other animals?)
- (any more items?? Please add.)
- The Catapult has roughly 10%-20% chance to shoot imprecisely.
- In a Meta town, they will manipulate the selection by asking only 1 to log in after The Attack and perform all sorts of activities to get 5 stars before triggering the selection progress. This ensures only the one they want becomes the catapult operator.
When an item is catapulted:
When an item is catapulted but breaks:
- In Season 3:
- Primitive Catapult was renamed to Catapult.
- The description changed slightly, the old one was:
- The catapult is a special machine which allows you fire all kinds of things into the World Beyond: very useful for preparing the ground for tomorrow's expeditions.